Home Page Revision
I am excited to have the chance to help revise our home page. I'm trying to put into practice content merchandising I learned from Jeff Patrick in an NTEN Webinar and from Chris Brogan’s blog. So far, here's the basics of what we plan to do:
• Be clearer about what New Routes is.
• Showcase the great work our grantees are doing, so we'll feature one of our 8 projects every 10 days.
• Put that project's media on the home page.
• Pull topical info and resources to the home page that relate to the issue the featured project grantees are working on. Domestic abuse, for example.
• Invite viewers to take action: Write a blog, submit video, comment, enter a contest, etc.
• Put a related blog entry front & center.
We also will be asking for input from our grantees. We want to support the work they are doing, drive visitors to their sites, distribute their media. Comments?
Watch and Listen
New Research & Recommendations
This report (PDF 3.8MB) offers guidance for community organizations and those who fund social change in how best to harness the power of local media-making for community health improvement. Spanish-language version is now available. Una versión en español de este informe esta en la web.