New Routes to Community Health made news across the United States. We got the word out through news stories, press releases, videos and speaking engagements. If you are a member of the media needing more information or an interview, please contact Beth Mastin at 608-236-0674 or contact her using this email form.
• From Charting New Routes to Building New Bridges This “Lessons Learned” publication summarizes the principles and practices gleaned from the New Routes to Community Health project. Learn about the immigrant health and media project—it's all here. Download the PDF.
• Quick Facts
New Routes used stories to improve immigrant health. Learn about our collaborative project.
• Quick Links to Project Media
- Abriendo las Cajas (Opening the Boxes)
- Domestic Worker Safety & Dignity Project
- Egal Shidad: Stories of Somali Mental Health
- HEARMe (Health Education Via Airwaves for Refugees)
- 10 Steps to Better Healthcare: A Guide for Chinese-American Seniors
- Our Stories, Our Health
- Salud: Healing Through the Arts
- Twa Zanmi (Three Friends)
• Press Releases
- San Francisco Project Press Release (11/09/09): Domestic Workers Safety & Dignity
- Oakland Project Press Release (6/18/09): Abriendo las Cajas (Opening Boxes)
- Mpls/St. Paul Project Press Release (3/31/09): Egal Shidad: Stories for Somali Health
- Los Angeles Project Press Release (10/08/08): 10 Steps to Better Healthcare: A Guide for Chinese-American Seniors
- National Press Release (9/30/08): A New Routes program launch took place September 30 with a complete press release.
• New Routes in the News
Links to national and local coverage of our project.
New Route's Director is available for speaking engagements and interviews. The National Program Office can also direct inquiries to local spokespersons for each of the eight grant programs. To make arrangements, please contact Beth Mastin at 608-236-0674 or contact her using our web email form.
• Social Media
Watch and Listen
New Research & Recommendations
This report (PDF 3.8MB) offers guidance for community organizations and those who fund social change in how best to harness the power of local media-making for community health improvement. Spanish-language version is now available. Una versión en español de este informe esta en la web.